Salary up to c£75k
They have a long history of promoting innovation for the steel industry. They are continually pioneering new solutions to provide metals producers with cutting-edge, custom-tailored plant equipment. Their latest focus areas include new ecological solutions, the digitisation of all production-related processes, advanced automation as summed up by the term “Industry 4.0”, future-oriented designs for linked casting and rolling, as well as advanced process analysis and optimisation.
Thousands of references in steel-plant design and construction, they are ready to support their customers in setting new targets and deciding their future role in the metals business.
The role for Aluminium Flat Rolled Products Expert
Our Client is looking for an Expert within Aluminium Flat Rolling to provide thorough process know how and metallurgical expertise of the production of Aluminium Flat Rolled Products.
The successful candidate will provide significant input to aluminium strategic planning, develop new products and processes within the aluminium flat rolled product portfolio.
Main Responsibilities Aluminum Expert
- Support development of new products and solutions for Aluminium flat rolled production routes
- Participate and support as necessary to research work including ongoing developments in collaboration with external Research, Technology Organisations and end customers
- Drive development of process models and produce through process quality control package for Aluminium
- Maintain and improve standard process specification in line with market requirement and performance achieved in contracts
- Provide input to pre-projects including an active role in developing the technical solution and bid preparation and presenting to customer
- Support either remotely or by on-site visits to client projects to assist with the successful start-up and commissioning of major projects to achieve the deliverables defined
- Contribute to and present technical papers at conferences
- Assist in the development of sales and marketing material
- Train other engineers on Aluminium metallurgy and processes
Essential Skills Aluminum / Aluminium Expert
- Knowledge of the Aluminium Flat Rolled Product (strip / plate) production processes
- Significant level of knowledge and working experience in processing of Aluminium alloys from incoming liquid material to final product, with particular focus on heat treatment of Auto Body Sheet products
- A knowledge of Aluminium alloy development
- Through Process metallurgy knowledge for Aluminium flat rolled product
- Knowledge of manufacturing and materials testing processes and standards
- Organisational skills and an ability to plan own workload and prioritise
- Able to work autonomously without extensive supervision
- Excellent communication skills for both internal and client facing contact
- PC systems and standard Office software
- Good knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
- Working knowledge of all aspects of mechanical, fluid, electrical and automation systems
- Forward thinking with inventive and new ideas capability
- Experience of working within Aluminium production environment
- Knowledge and experience in the design, manufacture, erection and commission of heavy capital plant to the worlds’ metals industry.
2 must have criteria of this role:
- Hands on work experience in an Aluminium flat rolled production plant, like hot strip mill, plate mill, cold rolling mill, Continuous annealing line, heat treatment line
- Must have overall process and metallurgical knowledge of Aluminium flat rolled product production including heat treatment, must have work experience of some of these processes under production environment (as in above).
- Engineering knowledge related to associated process equipment
- Knowledge of the aluminum market, market trends (now and future predictions), its technology, product and producers
- Awareness of all commercial aspects associated with Aluminium strip production
- Previous experience working with a strip producer in a significant role
- Honours degree in an engineering-related subject
- Post-graduate study of non-ferrous metallurgy is desirable
Ability to travel and work internationally for periods of time to support client meetings
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)
FYI, the 2 different spellings of Aluminum / Aluminium are intentional, due to this person being located somewhere in the world, not just the UK
Keywords we are looking for
Aluminium, Aluminum, BSc, MSc, PhD, Metallurgist, Metallurgy, Metallurgical, Materials Science, non-ferrous, strip producer, design, manufacture, erection, commission, heavy capital plant, metals industry, Aluminium flat rolled product,