South Africa Salary up to ZAR 1,500,000 plus bonus
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN MARKET AND EITHER BE BASED OR WILLING TO MOVE THERE.
This is a pivotal role within the Group, which will take full P&L responsibility for the legal entities based in South Africa. The purpose of the role is to shape and develop the business, ensuring that the organisation is effective and profitable and that the goals are achieved.
The jobholder will be capable of identifying strategic projects for the legal entity and for their successful implementation. The jobholder will lead, manage and develop all employees within the legal entity/territory. The role also requires the jobholder to lead and develop the commercial/sales activities and there is a requirement to bring a personal contribution to sales and business development
Responsibility for health, safety and the environment for all activities of the South African entities. Ensuring that both legislative, local and Group standards are adhered to and that a positive health and safety culture exists within the site.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the entity which will include overseeing the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures as well as all operational activities i.e. Wire, Machines and Integra
- To support and develop the culture by developing a local vision in line with their vision.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Execute Regional and Group business strategies to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
- Provide strategic advice to the Group General Manager//Board so that they will have an accurate view of the market and the company’s future within South Africa.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base and market share.
- Build and maintain strong long-lasting customer relationships, which will include key customer visits and at the same time maintain a consistent positive corporate image.
- Monitor and drive sales activities and business performance across the whole team to ensure that actual sales meet or exceed established targets which will include sales with existing and new customers as well as developing sales across all industry sectors within the portfolio.
- Control costs and resources within the legal entity to ensure it is effective and profitable
- Lead, coach and develop all employees/functions within the legal entity ensuring all employees have an individual learning path aligned with the business needs and ensure that all employees have a performance development discussion annually with a six-month review.
- Ensure local and Group policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- To ensure that all reporting requirements to Group are carried out in full and within agreed timescales.
- To strive to maintain and improve on the BEE rating of the South African entities
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
Degree or recognised qualification in welding engineering, metallurgy or previous relevant experience gained in commercial/sales areas within the welding industry would be an advantage.
- Proven experience as a Managing Director or other managerial position, preferably within the Welding Industry.
- Financial planning and budget management experience to include margin management and sales KPI’s
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Knowledge of the portfolio would be an advantage as would specific knowledge of the industries with which work within
Examples of skills/competencies to be demonstrated include:
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Fluent in both French and English, both spoken and written essential – other languages an advantage.
· Excellent leadership skills with an understanding of team dynamics, able to motivate and inspire colleagues across all functions of the business.
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise, multi-task and The ability to drive through tangible targets and results
· A strong people manager with excellent interpersonal skills, who can build strong relationships both internally and externally.
· Proficient in sales, business development and business planning.
· Commercially aware with an analytical mind, problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
· Strategic thinker and planner, able to translate strategies into operational objectives and activities.
· Positive mental attitude, demonstrating self-motivation drive and enthusiasm.
· Excellent IT, budget and report writing skills.
· Passion to succeed and commitment to the objectives and targets able to work calmly under pressure.
The role will require an element of travel sometimes at short notice.
· Travel may include visiting customers or other locations, including international travel.
· A full and clean driving licence will be required
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)