For over 130 years, our client has been at the centre of the metals and minerals industry, providing experienced, professional and reliable technical services in chemical analysis, inspection and mine support.
Our client is an independent market leader with offices and laboratories placed strategically in the world’s major mineral and metal sourcing and consuming locations. In order to meet the changing needs of the mineral and metal industries, while also adapting to accommodate developments to the market, they have grown organically through a programme of continued investment.
Sound Exciting then please read on!
Independent Commodity Surveyors, Analysts & Consultants
If you are an accomplished classical inorganic chemist with expertise related to the analysis of Precious Metal Dore Bullion type commodities. We are now offering this valuable opportunity to develop your career within the Group.
Key requirements for the Chemist: –
- Demonstrate a good practical understanding, knowledge and experience of classical Precious Metal Dore Bullion analytical technique.
- Experience in Precious Metal prill processing techniques relating to Dore analysis.
- At least 3 years practical experience in this particular field of analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrate experience in the supervision of an established small team of technicians.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of laboratory performance monitoring and QC control.
- Demonstrate experience of working within the requirements of ISO 17025:2017 accreditation systems.
- Good interpersonal skills, with an enabling approach to teamwork, and leadership, being sufficiently skilled at the outset to support the laboratory team in a technical ‘troubleshooting’ capacity with respects to the analysis of Dore Bullion commodities.
- Academic qualifications such as HNC, BSc or MSc Chemistry degree (inorganic chemistry), preferred, but not necessarily essential. Our focus is on practical experience and supervisory skills.
Salary for the Chemist:
will be considered subject to technical knowledge, practical expertise, and laboratory experience.
- Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm with one hour for lunch.
- Bonus at Christmas usually 2-4 weeks extra salary.
- 20 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays, increasing by one per year to a maximum of 5.
- Contributory pension scheme employer 5% employee 4%.
- Life Assurance 4 x annual salary.
- Free car parking
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)
inorganic chemist, Precious Metal Dore Bullion, analytical techniques, Precious Metal prill, Metal prill processing, Dore, analytical chemistry, BSc, MSc Chemistry, laboratory experience