Senior Mechanical Design Engineer based in Peterborough
Salary is £38,000 – £42,000
Depending on Experience and Quals
Monday to Thursday 8.30 to 16.45, Friday 8.30 -15.00
Company Profile for Manufacturing / Food design person
Our client’s equipment and service drive the production and profit at many of the world’s leading food manufacturers. In the bread, biscuit, confectionery, snack and breakfast cereal sectors, top brands worldwide rely on technology supplied by our client
The company’s strength lies in its process expertise, engineering excellence and extensive service philosophy, extending from design and manufacture through installation and commissioning to Lifetime Support.
Purpose Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- To develop the product range to ensure competitive position of their machines.
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information.
- To provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution.
- To identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule.
- To maintain modular product structure for product range.
Main Duties Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (FEA)
- To provide product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with their standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure compliance with CAD best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
Profile of Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Competent in the use of 3D design systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
Essential Skills for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Experienced designer of low volume / bespoke industrial machinery
- Good 3D CAD design experience using NX, Solidworks, Inventor or similar
- Modelling machined components, fabricated parts, sheet metal and assemblies.
- Good drafting experience of machined components, fabrications and assembly drawings
- Good knowledge of different manufacturing methods, their benefits and limitations
- Willing and able to occasionally travel to customer / supplier sites in the UK and Worldwide
- Experience of working on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks accordingly
- Good attention to detail, cost and quality in particular
- Able to select suitable materials, with a good appreciation of the benefits and limitations of each
Ideal Skills for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Experience designing hygienic machinery, for the food or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience leading a small group of engineers, or a willingness to do so
- Experience using an ERP system (Epicor or similar)
- Experience producing CE documentation to the European Machinery Directive
- Including Machine Safety Risk Assessments
- Able to carry out hand calculations to ensure designs are fit for purpose
- Possess an appreciation of PLC control systems and electrical equipment in design
- Experience creating design concepts and developing them into working designs
Beneficial Skills Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (FEA / PD 5500)
- Experience of the food industry
- Pressure vessel design experience to PD5500, ASME or European standards
- Experience designing heat transfer equipment, such as ovens, provers, cooling systems etc
- Experience using FEA software such as ANSYS to evaluate designs
- Commercial experience / awareness
- Project management experience
- Experience of value engineering, problem solving, FMEA’s
- Experience of pneumatics / hydraulics, conveyor design, bearing selection, motor sizing, materials
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)
Keywords we are looking for within your CV
Pressure vessel design, PD5500, PD 5500, ASME, European standards, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor design, bearing selection, motor sizing, materials, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, FEA, F.E.A., Finite element analysis, manufacturing Design Experience, PLC control systems, NX, Solidworks, Inventor, 3D CAD, industrial machinery