Our Client is looking for a dynamic and experienced business leader to head up its trading & manufacturing businesses as
Divisional General Manager.
Do you combine Technical, Commercial and Financial skills for this role? Does your background demonstrate this?
This is essential!
Our Client is one of the oldest, most diversified and dynamic Conglomerates in Kuwait. They operate 17 lines of businesses across Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt and Iraq.
Their Engineering Products Division is a leading supplier of an entire range of solutions and products to Contractors for Construction projections in Kuwait, and has tie ups with International Principals and Suppliers from Canada, USA, UK, Europe, Japan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, India, China and other countries.
They have an Office Automation Division, where they are Industry Leaders in the Copying and Printing solutions businesses in Kuwait. They have Kuwait’s first IATA registered Travel Company which is being reenergised into a rapid growth trajectory. Their Manufacturing Division operates 3 Plants in Kuwait and 1 at Jebel Ali in UAE. Where they Manufacture Air Ducts and Air Movement Products, Transport Refrigeration Products and lastly a wide range of products from Flatbed Trailers to Special Tanks for Transportation to Pressure Vessels and other high end Engineered products.
The Person Spec
- The Incumbent reports to the Managing Director of Trading, Manufacturing &Financial in the Group.
- The Incumbent would have the GeneralManagers for each of the businesses described above, reporting to him/her.
- Theincumbent is preferred to be an Engineering Graduate with a Post-graduation inMarketing or Business Management, and is expected to have led a range ofBusinesses, comparable to the businesses we operate in, as the CEO/MD or General
- The key role of the Divisional General Manager would be to provide strategicdirection and leadership to the General Managers under him/her, to grow each Clearly, we need a Leader who makes things happen, and believes in teamwork to do so. Of course, the candidate must be strategic, and process driven ratherthan Transactional, but must ensure that the businesses continue to report growtheven in difficult circumstances, by identifying new areas, solutions and products, andworking with the teams to motivate their growth.
- We would prefer a dynamic person withEngineering & Management qualifications with a deep understanding of the Kuwaitprojects and construction market, and having at least 8-10 years of experience in asimilar role.
- The position is in top Management cadre, with commensurate compensation and
3500-4200 (Kuwait Dinar P/M) for base Salary
700 (Kuwait Dinar P/M) for rent
first class air ticket home
up to 14 months bonus each year
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)