Companies around the world choose our client to design, manufacture, and service their turbomachinery needs. Our client has been synonymous with innovative engineering, highly reliable products, and unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction.
For the last 20 years they have embraced the global turbomachinery operations to produce efficient and reliable rotating equipment, including centrifugal and axial compressors, steam turbines, and power recovery expanders.
An excellent opportunity has become available as a Field Service Engineer. The successful candidate will join our field service operation that covers an installed base of over 5000 compressors and steam turbines throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia.
The successful candidate will lead installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting activities for our customers around the clock. This is a lead engineer’s role that will supervise employees and customer personnel whilst directing installations, start-ups, and major overhauls.
As a Field Service Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Act as the Site Manager to lead and supervise customer personnel, freelancers and field service representatives in the installation, commissioning and maintenance of Centrifugal Compressors and Steam Turbines.
- Direct service representatives to take corrective action for equipment performance problems and troubleshooting activities.
- Work in partnership with the customer and keep them thoroughly informed on the progress, performance, and any potential problems.
- Work with sales department to meet customer demands for spares parts, retrofits, service contracts and new equipment.
- Produce comprehensive service reports and present these back to regional management and the customer.
- Contribute new ideas to enhance company service and overall customer experience.
As a Field Service Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent mechanical apprenticeship and several years’ experience in the field of turbomachinery.
- Previous experience commissioning, overhauling, maintaining and repairing Steam Turbines.
- Desirable – Dresser Rand, MAN, GE or Siemens steam turbines.
- A practical oriented engineer with both supervisory and hands on experience.
- Previous experience writing comprehensive and detailed service reports.
- A proven track record working onsite with customers and leading their personnel during installation, repair and maintenance.
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites throughout Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa.
- Excellent command of the English language additional for this role.
- We are also seeking someone who is fluent in Dutch or French
- Must be Health, Safety & Environmentally focused, and promote safety in the workplace.
- Proficiency with MS Office in Word, Excel and MS Project.
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)
Steam Turbine, Compressor, Compressors, Dresser Rand, MAN, GE or Siemens, installation, commissioning, maintenance, Centrifugal Compressors, turbomachinery, turbo machinery,