Competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
25 days per annum plus 8 statutory days
To work as part of the Technical Services team undertaking routine testing and producing technical results and certificates/reports as required.
Additional responsibility within non destructive testing (NDT) areas finding and reporting on any imperfections within materials using various techniques such as colour contrast and fluorescent dye penetrant, magnetic particle inspection, magnetic permeability testing, ultrasonic inspection and positive material identification.
- Preparation and certification of computer produced certificates.
- Ensuring that documents and certificates are of an acceptable standard in terms of technical detail and quality.
- Testing products for imperfections using various NDT techniques outlined above, depending on whether the imperfections are internal or surface breaking.
- Writing procedures and techniques for the Laboratories according to the customer requirements.
- Participate in round robin assessments / observations within the NDT team
- Involvement with routine and daily equipment checks including the cleanliness and maintenance of NDT machinery to meet certification standards.
- Assisting customers with advice and queries.
- Compiling customer quotations.
- Liaising with auditors, external inspection bodies and accreditation bodies.
- Working to UKAS 17025 standards.
- Participate fully in personal development and training, with a willingness to work towards PCN Level 3.
- Undertake any similar level of work allocated by the Technical Services Director or Test House Manager but not fully outlined within this job description.
- PCN Level 2 qualification in MT, PT and UT.
- Minimum 1-year experience.
- You must be a confident person with excellent communication skills as this role manages the relationship between the department and the customer, requiring an understanding and ability to interpret their requirements.
- You will need a full driving licence and current passport as you may be required to work off site and may from time to time be required to travel abroad (very limited).
- A willingness to work a reasonable amount of overtime when requested. Every attempt will be made to give adequate notice prior to such requests.
- Ability to work under pressure, as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Good computer and organisation skills.
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
Charles Francis Cooper celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)