Based in Derby
Exceptional Salary and package (we are not allowed to advertise but please call to find out more details)
An Opportunity has arisen for a Welding Engineer.
The Welding Engineer is responsible for welding inspection / consultancy in a multi-disciplined engineering environment and delivering welder training courses, both on-site and in the classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Implements, maintains, enforces, and improves the Company’s operating plans for the following:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Legal and Ethical Compliance
- Development and Training of the Staff
- Business Development
- Meeting the Laboratory’s Financial Targets
- Welder / welding consultancy
- Provide expert training for MIG/MAG/TIG/MMA
- Deliver RWC (Responsible Welding Coordinator) training for CE marking of Structural Steel.
Other duties include:
- Renders to clients an accurate, rapid, and efficient service of indisputable integrity.
- Seeks new business opportunities.
- Is a positive company representative to clients.
- Sets a positive example for all employees through professional behaviour and maintenance of a professional atmosphere in the workplace.
- Carries out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Management System, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Time Served Engineer ideally with welding Inspection qualifications/experience.
- Certification Scheme for Welding and Inspection Personnel (CSWIP) approved / qualified.
- Welding / welder consultancy background.
- Good knowledge of BS EN 1090 requirements.
- Good knowledge of welding standards, i.e. BS EN ISO 15614, BS EN ISO 9606, ASME IX etc.
- Experience creating Welding Procedure Approval and Welder Approval reports.
- Highly motivated team player with a total understanding of right first-time quality.
- Non-Destructive Testing knowledge would be an advantage, i.e. Visual, MPI & DPI.
- Good communication and teaching abilities.
- Flexibility (working hours and tasks arranged to suit customer requirements).
- A valid UK Driving Licence is a requirement
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.co.uk (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)