Salary: depends on Experience
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Our client is a world-leading research and technology organisation with bases in the UK, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Central Asia and the USA.
The staff provide expertise in joining and fabrication, material science and structural integrity. Services include generic research; contract R&D; technical information; engineering services and advice; standards development; and training and qualification services.
An enthusiastic project leader or senior project leader sought to join the busy Friction and Forge Processes Section. The Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) team delivers a wide range of challenging R&D projects for customers internationally across all industrial sectors.
The successful candidate can expect to work on a variety of technical research projects and business development activities, covering a range of joining processes, including Linear Friction Welding, Friction Stir Welding, Rotary Friction Welding and Friction Stir Spot Welding. A strong technical background in delivering engineering or materials science projects is most desirable. So too is your experience in creating and applying innovation.
This role involves liaising with prestigious companies and at events throughout the world, therefore, applicants are expected to travel for work.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong technical background in applied engineering, materials science or related topics ideally within a Research Institute Organisation
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant engineering environment such as in the Friction welding field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to be able to write and present technical subject matter
- Team-member mentality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and co-ordinate Research Projects with relevant partners and stakeholders
- Aptitude for building business relationships and seeking opportunities
- Educated to Doctorate / PhD level
Desirable attributes also include:
- Specific experience in working with friction joining technologies and processes
- An appreciation of metallurgy and thermal effects and analysis
This role requires regular travel within the UK and occasionally overseas according to the demands of project work.
Send your CV & Details to – CV@charlesfranciscooper.com (please state in the Subject line what role you wish to apply for)
(Charles Francis Cooper are acting as an employment agency)